Unofficial Shropshire Cricket Forum
September 22, 2018, 01:20:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Staff List Login Register  

New Rules Discussion

+-+-
+-User
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Rules Discussion  (Read 1780 times)
Roco

Club: Montgomery cc

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 02:55:48 pm »

I was dropped at slip as well so not all on you but was best spell of bowling I faced in a long while but was a really fun day I think we were 14-6 at one point so lucky escape

yeah thinking about it with bowling restrictions this could end up really fun as 4 or 5 of our bowlers will be restricted

glad I'm only vice as it could become confusing for skippers

good luck with that haha
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:41:26 pm by Roco » Report Spam   Logged
barrowman
Administrator

Club: Bomere Heath Cricket Club

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2017, 03:06:37 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen, once again, please refrain from using foul or abusive language on the forum.

Personal insults or derogatory comments made on the forum will be dealt with appropriately which may result in a ban for a particular user.

The forum can be a very constructive area for discussion as can be seen by Jamie's fantastic comments. If, however, the forum turns into a location for users to do nothing more than make derogatory comments about other individuals, teams or boards, the forum may well be taken down for everyone's enjoyment.

Keep it clean ladies and gentlemen, you can consider this as your first warning from the umpire.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:09:46 pm by barrowman » Report Spam   Logged
elcapitan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2017, 03:35:27 pm »

Interesting reading the initial feedback on the rules changes. My first year as chair of the rules committee, I would like to think we have made a number of positive changes without being too revolutionary. Obviously it remains to be seen how these pan out and everything will be reviewed at the end of the season.
 Just to answer a couple of points raised , its certainly our intention for this half and half format to be a long term measure, its not merely testing the water of W/L cricket , but we still want to keep the traditional format too. It worked so well in the Premier last year that we saw no reason why the rest of the league should not be allowed to play half and half as well

I also make no apology for having the standard limited overs rules namely the 1/5 overs even in the lower divisions . In my opinion (and that of the rules committee), if we are going to do it then lets do it properly with standard rules for everyone. If that means that some seasoned campaigner  in Reserve Division 3 doesn't get their 15 overs then I do not think that's the end of the world, it will mean captains will have to think about who and when they bowl their better bowlers.  Plus it will give more people a chance to bowl , and hopefully by bowling more the standard will rise . I think we need to be encouraging as much participation for everyone in the lower divisions .

Regarding the change with teams having to reach 50% or the team batting 1st gets 20pts, this was done purely to make the WDL less tiresome with teams not even attempting to reach a score. Whether this tweak will make a difference remains to be seen .

The new Sunday rule allowing young payers to play both days is another one where we are testing the water. This one is very much under obs for next season , and it will be tweaked if necessary .

Anyway good luck to all teams for 2017, and if anyone plays the wrong format on the wrong week, don't come looking for me!

Cheers
Jamie

Hi Jamie, will the league be doing a survey at the end of the season - maybe at the awards do, or through email - where people can air their views on the changes to see how well players feel they've worked?
Report Spam   Logged
CoverdriveCarl

Club: SCCC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2017, 04:34:07 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen, once again, please refrain from using foul or abusive language on the forum.

Personal insults or derogatory comments made on the forum will be dealt with appropriately which may result in a ban for a particular user.

The forum can be a very constructive area for discussion as can be seen by Jamie's fantastic comments. If, however, the forum turns into a location for users to do nothing more than make derogatory comments about other individuals, teams or boards, the forum may well be taken down for everyone's enjoyment.

Keep it clean ladies and gentlemen, you can consider this as your first warning from the umpire.

Hear Hear....
Report Spam   Logged
Mr Rules

Club: Welsh

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2017, 08:48:44 pm »

In answer to elcapitan I'm not sure if the league will be doing a formal survey but we are always open to feedback and I will certainly be very interested to hear people's views on how the changes pan out
Report Spam   Logged
NightWatchman

Club: Chariots of Fire CC

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2017, 11:59:37 am »

In answer to elcapitan I'm not sure if the league will be doing a formal survey but we are always open to feedback and I will certainly be very interested to hear people's views on how the changes pan out
Can't say fairer than that.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Recent Topics