Unofficial Shropshire Cricket Forum
September 22, 2018, 01:19:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Staff List Login Register  

Mystery of the BL vote

+-+-
+-User
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mystery of the BL vote  (Read 1112 times)
Griggsy

Club: Shrewsbury CC

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2017, 03:48:55 pm »

Interesting read, agree with some points and not others.

I heard a rumour Reman voted for the proposal - I am assuming on the premise that actually they don't really want to travel miles and miles and would much prefer a strong competitive Shropshire system which they would be part of? I maybe wrong...im only assuming.

We also voted for the proposal - without going into the real nitty gritty of the internal conversations, and I will caveat this with...this is a summary in my own words/take on it and not necessarily the proper full blown club stance. It was felt that a stronger feeder system was good for "cricket", with higher player participation if you don't have to travel excessive distances, thus increasing the quality of those feeder systems, and likewise making the BL a higher quality and condense those with genuine aspirations to play as high a level as possible and make the BL a higher standard. If we as a club did fall back down the pyramid we would come back to a high quality SCCL. Whether or not this would be true regarding players and "mercenaries" I have no idea, money does talk but some of those lads want to make it in the game, so $$$ in a feeder or play in BL for nothing/less but possibly push a case for minor counties or more? But it was the general consensus around our captains/senior guys, so that's how we voted - if you believe me or not, not once in the conversations on whatsapp did I see comments about hoovering up players or becoming an elite breakaway unlikely to fall back in the SCCL - the general jist was about player participation and about standards of play and how could these be improved.

I also totally agree with the 2nd XIs point - I know pretty much all our 2nd XI lads would love to not travel as far if they didn't sacrifice competitive cricket.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Recent Topics